Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Remember Those School Plays


Sometimes things stick in our minds that we'd like to forget. I remember a couple of school plays. One I think was in the fourth grade. I played a pilgrim complete with black costume, cloth covered cardboard hat and shiny tin foil buckles on my shoes. I don't think I had any lines to say in this one. If I did it was probably "here come the Indians" or something like that.

But I guess the one I really hated was I think in the second grade. I played Humpty Dumpty. I stood on the stage with a cardboard egg on a wall in front of me and recited the "Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall..." nursery rhyme. I don't know why I was embarrassed, but I was just the same.

Besides reading a little ditty about the high school lunchroom at graduation assembly, my acting career had come to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment